Fees/Financial Aid

Fees, Financial Aid and Fellowship Information

Please visit:

School of Public Health website: http://sph.berkeley.edu,

UC Berkeley Graduate Division website: http://grad.berkeley.edu

UC BerkeleyRegistrar's website: http://registrar.berkeley.edu/tuition-fees-residency/tuition-fees/fee-schedule

MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley




MPH Students

MPH students are mostly self-funded, and student loans are available to cover the cost of attendance for eligible students. Moreover, the Division will nominate qualified students to compete for limited fellowship awards. Other sources of financial support available to students include:

Graduate Student Instructors (GSI): Interested students should check the GSI needs of the hiring departments by visiting their websites, contact the staff for questions and apply accordingly.

Graduate Student Researchers (GSR): contact individual professors to see if they have positions available subject ot the availablity of funds. And hiring preference is usually given to PhD students.

Fee Remission
In addition to salary, GSIs and GSR appointment if above the eligible % are credited a remission on most of their resident fees for that semester.


To meet the cost of education, students are strongly urged to seek extramural fellowships and funds. For more information on financial support and fellowships, please refer to

Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program

PhD Students

Students in the Infectious Diseases and Immunity PhD program are fully funded. Financial support recourses includes: UC Berkeley Institutional funds, faculty research grants, some donor funds including: Levine fund, Kruger fund, Presser fund.  Moreover, students are strongly encouraged to appy for extramural scholarship and NFS fellowships prior to application and while attending the program.

Intramural sources include Graduate Fellowships administered through the Graduate Division.  All prospective applicants who wish to be considered for graduate fellowships beginning in the Fall Semester must apply by December 1st of the preceding year.  The number of Graduate Fellowships awarded each year is limited, and the competition for them is highly competitive.  Teaching and research assistantships are awarded and administered by the School of Public Health or the Faculty home department where the student has joined the lab.



Want to make a difference, come to CAL, the top ranked public university in the nation and the fourth best overall by U.S. News



Sather Gate, UC Berkeley

The Gate to Excellence, you will be among the best and the brightest